Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nature is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...so Im all about some cute animals and some wild animals and E all of the above and all.....but lets talk about this nasty creature who we got an unexpected visit from the other night.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!1

So..Anthony and I are minding our own business...sitting on our front porch having a glass of wine...like we do several times a week...just talking about how our day went and yatta yatta( Its a really special time for both of us each night..but for sake of time and the story..I'll leave out our mushy lovey details and jump right to the chase! So I hear what sounds like a cat running around in our little flower beds in front of the house...Diana is our neighbors Sam and Jessica's cat and shes a frequenter to my porch so..I just assumed it was her...but it got louder and Louder..and LOUDER until I jumped up and made Anthony go inside to get the flashlight so we could look under our porch and see what it was....

Well...Anthony gets off the porch with the giant, weapon like Mag lite and creeps around the front of the porch and shines that light in and then he gasps and opens his mouth really wide as if to say.. "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!" IT as an ARMADILLO!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! The ONLY time I ever want to see an armadillo is when its made out of cake at wedding receptions...so this was super UN expected and TERRIFYING to me! There are few animals that I really cant handle...snakes (as seen from Randi and Jon's post a few weeks ago)...geese (I know its weird but the darn things surround me EVERY TIME I go jog at ANY pond....I just know one day they are going to try to peak out my eyes!) and NOW armadillos!

We realized that it had wandered under our porch through this little opening in our lattice board so we tried to get it out...we were equipped with the following:

(1) Super heavy duty Mag Lite
(1) 8ft extender painters pole
(1) pair of crocks
and (1) Canon 5D camera...

Heres how it all went down....

Anthony tried to guide it out..and it came OUT from underneath the porch..but then got startled and ran back under..BLAH! So we tried again..poking it with a little rod and trying to get it to turn around and skee-dattle... for those of you that saw when David Jay shot the bat out of his basement...you would have LOVED seeing what my husband had in mind for this little guy if we could have gotten a hold of it! (p.s. no animals were harmed during this evacuation...brought to you by Katie Moore). Long story short...we finally got it out and now its gone for good..but Im still afraid one morning Im going to go outside to get in my car and my house is going to be surrounded by an army of these scary creatures all wanting payback for making their friend leave....pray for our safety.... :)

Here are some pictures!!

This is the darn thing running back under the porch..grrrrrr

Thats me..terrified!!!!!

Thats Anthony....armed and dangerous

There it is all stuck...BLAH!

Now he means business!!!!


Shooo big ole fat armadillo!!!!!!!


The end

7 comments:

CityStreams said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I got frustrated with all the spelling errors, and skipped to the pictures. I always LOVE your pictures. Hee hee! This was the best photo blog post I've seen in awhile.

laurie said...

ok so this has to be the funniest story ever.... you crack me up!!!!!! your scared face totally had me ;) too bad u didn't have boo there he would have showed his one tooth at him or u could have hung him upside down and it would have thought he was a bat hehehe

Unknown said...

I'm just gonna go ahead and say the unpopular thing here...

I don't believe you!

Don't think I haven't heard all the hype about "armadillos in the road", and seen all the t-shirts that say "Look twice, save a life...Armadillos are everywhere!"

I'm gonna need some more proof that this was an actual armadillo, and not just a really ugly raccoon.

Next time you see it, call Katie Moore so she can catch it and keep it as a pet. :D

Unknown said...

that is hilarious and made me laugh out loud!

Matt and Katie Moore said...

When am I getting my armadillo???!!!???

Anonymous said...

Now that is funny! Sidenote: Just so you know...I was that person with a "bleedin' armadillo" grooms cake...might explain my husband's fear of armadillos! You get 'em Anthony!

Unknown said...

I'll clarify--

Apparently I got my ugly, semi-exotic animals mixed up. All the "hype" was about Platypi, not Armadillos.

And, incidentally, we saw a dead armadillo in the road in Warner Robins this weekend, and Matt assured me that there are, in fact, plenty of armadillos in Georgia. Who knew.

I therefore retract my earlier statements of disbelief. So sorry your happy home was under attack by such an ugly creature!!